Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Greg Hess <gh...@wrappedapps.com> on 2002/02/06 16:09:44 UTC

Heavy weight objects in the Session

Hi,

I am new to web app development and I am currently writing a statistical
reporting app. I have seen some of discussion regarding code
optimizations/considerations when developing in regards to
Vectors/Arraylist, Calendar/DateFormat. I am using beans to build statistic
reports and they live in the session for each client request. My beans hold
reference to Calendars and DateFormat objects to perform the task is this
too heavy for the session? I am debating using business objects that do not
reside in the session to perform these tasks, however this will complex the
design and force me to deal with some of the synchronization isues? I have
not seen any formating tag lib's/ in the struts release, this must be a very
comon issue what are people doing?

Thank you for your help,
Greg