Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Jim R. Wilson" <wi...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/04 16:24:01 UTC

Thrift put() specifying version?

Hello,

Is there a way to put() using the thrift bindings which allows
specifying the version of the thing you're putting in?  I notice that
the get() method has getVer() and getVerTs() related functions for
handling versions and timestamps, but I don't see put() equivalents.
We want to use our own version numbers, not the default timestamps
when inserting column values.

Thanks in advance.  I'm using hbase 0.1.0.

-- Jim R. Wilson (jimbojw)

Re: Thrift put() specifying version?

Posted by "Jim R. Wilson" <wi...@gmail.com>.
Yeah, got that to work.  Now of course, as long as each of my columns
are getting the same timestamp, that would allow me to do my many puts
in one transaction, but if my column values belong to different
versions, I'm out of luck atm.

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Have you tried mutateRowTs?
St.Ack