Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Jon Peli Oleaga <ol...@hotmail.com> on 2016/04/15 11:50:12 UTC

Website localization (Basque)

	I am trying to translate some of the main pages of the AOO site, but
	I do not know:

	What file must be changed in order to change the information that
	appears on the heading of most of the pages (“Search” button,
	“The Free and Open Productivity Suite” and “Apache OpenOffice
	4.1.2 released” in English)
	What I should do to, when choosing Basque in the upper right field,
	in addition of presenting the pages in Basque, get showed the chosen
	language in this field, and not English. (If this is not changed you
	may not return to see the English pages if you reselect English in
	this field)

	Could any one tell me what to do?
	Thanks.

Re: Website localization (Basque)

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.
Am 04/16/2016 12:22 PM, schrieb Jon Peli Oleaga:
>> Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 10:25:29 +0200
>> From: marcus.mail@wtnet.de
>> To: l10n@openoffice.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: FW: Website localization (Basque)
>>
>> Am 04/15/2016 09:52 PM, schrieb Jon Peli Oleaga:
>>> Hi Marcus,

>>> The [1] file seems to be an empty file, but the [3] file too, it seems to be an empty file.
>>> Neither the file [2] nor the [ .../ooo-site/trunk/content/topnav.mdtext] file contains the information that I want to change.
>>
>> I've updated the files in my local work sdiretory with the latest change
>> in SVN. I can see the usual properties - even when it's a bit old.
>>
>> So, I think you just need to update your local files, too. Even with
>> "svn update" when you are working via SVN as command line tool.
>>
>> Or with an update in the CMS. For this change to the directory
>> ".../trunk/content/eu/" and click on the [Update this directory] link
>> and then on the [Update This Resource] button.
>>
>> Does it solves the problem?
>>
>> Marcus
> Thank you very much, Marcus.   I have solved the problem following your instructions.
>
>   I had updated (in de CMS) the whole "content" directory (Perhaps incorrectly) before examining the file contents; but, still, I did not see anything when trying to edit the "brand.mdtext" files.
> The problem was that I only saw the content section of the file on my browser and I was not checking the page header section of it.
> JonPeli

great to hear that this problem is now solved.

Just a little hint:
Updating the complete "content/" directory can take a looooong time. If
you just need to check or update specific directories like "eu/" (which
applies in the most cases, I guess) then I recommend to update only
these. That's way faster.

Or you can also open a single file (in browse mode) and update only this.

And now: Happy updating. ;-)

Marcus

RE: Website localization (Basque)

Posted by Jon Peli Oleaga <ol...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Jon Peli Oleaga <ol...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Marcus,

> > Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2016 19:31:32 +0200
> > From: marcus.mail@wtnet.de
> > To: l10n@openoffice.apache.org
> > Subject: Re: Website localization (Basque)
> >
> > Am 04/15/2016 11:50 AM, schrieb Jon Peli Oleaga:
> > > 	I am trying to translate some of the main pages of the AOO site, but
> > > 	I do not know:
> > >
> > > 	What file must be changed in order to change the information that
> > > 	appears on the heading of most of the pages (“Search” button,
> > > 	“The Free and Open Productivity Suite” and “Apache OpenOffice
> > > 	4.1.2 released” in English)
> >
> > this has to be modified in the brand file [1] and topnav file [2] in the
> > respective langauge folder.
> >
> > But I can see the text already in Basque. Maybe a cache problem, can you
> > see it after a complete reload of the webpage (e.g., [Shift][F5] in
> > Firefox)?
> >
> Thanks, Marcus.
>
> i want to change the release number and replace "search" by "bilatu". I'li try to do it.
>
> > > 	What I should do to, when choosing Basque in the upper right field,
> > > 	in addition of presenting the pages in Basque, get showed the chosen
> > > 	language in this field, and not English. (If this is not changed you
> > > 	may not return to see the English pages if you reselect English in
> > > 	this field)
> >
> > IMHO the properties for the selected language are missing:
> >
> > selectedlang:	eu
> > language:	Euskara
> >
> > Please compare with the English file [3].
> >
> > > 	Could any one tell me what to do?
> >
> > [1] .../ooo-site/trunk/content/eu/brand.mdtext
> > [2] .../ooo-site/trunk/content/eu/topnav.mdtext
> > [3] .../ooo-site/trunk/content/brand.mdtext

The [1] file seems to be an empty file, but the [3] file too, it seems to be an empty file.

Neither the file [2] nor the [ .../ooo-site/trunk/content/topnav.mdtext] file contains the information that I want to change.

> > HTH
> >
> > Marcus
>
> thank you very much, I'll try to follow the instructions.
> JonPeli

Best regards.
JonPeli

RE: Website localization (Basque)