Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by anand <an...@teamworks.com.sg> on 2001/08/27 03:21:42 UTC

how to configure tomcat to run with IIS in Win 2000

Hi,

I need some help in configuring tomcat with IIS on Win2000. I am running
tomcat
with WinNT (used the tomcat-IIS how to). Is the procedure for
configuring with Win2000 also the same.

Pls let me know,

Regards,
Anand.

RE: how to make a servlet as the home page

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@bigpond.net.au>.
Ok, if you're using apache, then the first thing apache does when it gets
a request for a directory is look for the DirectoryIndex
instruction.  typically this will be set to index.html index.htm index.jsp
etc.  The way this works is that apache will first check index.html, then
index.htm, then index.jsp and serve whichever comes first.

the second part of the equation is the JkMount directives.  Say you create
a directive

JkMount /MyHomePageServlet ajp13

then you can set

DirectoryIndex MyHomePageServlet index.html index.htm index.jsp

and afaik apache should route the request for / to tomcat, and tomcat will
know how to serve /MyHomePageServlet.

just a warning this is all theory, I haven't tested it, but I think the
concepts are right.

hth, cheesr
dim

Posted by Aravind Naidu <ar...@eha.net>.
Create an index.html with the following text

<HTML>
<HEAD>
</HEAD>
</HTML>

Ensure that the servlet handles doGet(...)

-- Aravind

Posted by Saadat Ahmed <sa...@sympatico.ca>.
one way is to use the index.html and create a frame where you specify src =
path to your servlet

saadat.