Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Goden Yao <go...@apache.org> on 2016/09/30 19:23:25 UTC

[VOTE] Apache HAWQ 2.0.0.0-incubating RC4

Hi IPMC,

HAWQ community has voted and passed RC4 build. Previous IP issues have all
been fixed.
The Vote thread can be found:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-hawq-dev/201609.mbox/%3CCABJ%3DBRr4xY_J0AY6Jfdvzd_uyOQAsEr9UrF6chOnRy2dEGMwmQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E

This is the 1st release for Apache HAWQ (incubating), version:
2.0.0.0-incubating
I want to take the opportunity to thank Ed, Roman and Justin for the final
verification of all IP issues.

*It fixes the following issues:*
Clear all IP related issues for HAWQ and this is a source code tarball only
release.
Full list of JIRAs fixed/related to the release: link
<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/HAWQ+Release+2.0.0.0-incubating>

*We're voting upon the release branch:*
2.0.0.0-incubating
HEAD: commit
<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=commit;h=6b2de9d09f86fa08cf4fef0dd4e3dbe3b1b3dfd5>

To run check RAT, please do:

$mvn verify

first to get the correct RAT output.  Look inside of pom.xml to see the
classes of exceptions we're managing there for RAT.

*Source Files:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.0.0.0-incubating.RC4

*KEYS file containing PGP Keys we use to sign the release:*
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/KEYS
(please note that I used new key to sign and my old key is going to be
revoked)

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, or until the necessary number
of votes reached.

Thanks
-Goden

Re: [VOTE] Apache HAWQ 2.0.0.0-incubating RC4

Posted by ju...@classsoftware.com.
Hi,

+1 binding but i did have a bit of trouble building from source

I checked:
- incubating in name
- signature and hashes good
- DISCLAIMER exists
- LICENSE and NOTICE good
- All ASF file have ASF headers
- No unexpected binary files
- manage to compile on OSX

IMO It would be best if build instructions were included in the release and no on the wiki.

Also currently looks like openssl may be a little broken and info on the wiki may need updating:
brew link --force openssl
Warning: Refusing to link: openssl
Linking keg-only openssl means you may end up linking against the insecure,
deprecated system OpenSSL while using the headers from Homebrew's openssl.
Instead, pass the full include/library paths to your compiler e.g.:
  -I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include -L/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib

I needed up doing this to make it compile:
make CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/opt/openssl/include -L/usr/local/opt/openssl/lib"

All looks good licence and notice to me although there might still be some issues given the large number of files involved. Would be great to get someone else to do a review.

I would of probably would not put the PostgreSQL license text in NOTICE, may want to consider removing that in the next release, but I assume it was discussed and decide that was the best way to go?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: [VOTE] Apache HAWQ 2.0.0.0-incubating RC4

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
+1.  Checked the signatures, DISCLAIMER, NOTICE, and many LICENSE files (wow, 26, there must be an award for having that many).  Ran rat, which seemed happy.

Alan.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 10:23 PM, Goden Yao <go...@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi IPMC,
>
> HAWQ community has voted and passed RC4 build. Previous IP issues have all
> been fixed.
> The Vote thread can be found:
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-hawq-dev/201609.mbox/%3CCABJ%3DBRr4xY_J0AY6Jfdvzd_uyOQAsEr9UrF6chOnRy2dEGMwmQ%40mail.gmail.com%3E
>

> This is the 1st release for Apache HAWQ (incubating), version:
> 2.0.0.0-incubating
> I want to take the opportunity to thank Ed, Roman and Justin for the final
> verification of all IP issues.
>
> *It fixes the following issues:*
> Clear all IP related issues for HAWQ and this is a source code tarball only
> release.
> Full list of JIRAs fixed/related to the release: link
> <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/HAWQ+Release+2.0.0.0-incubating>
>
> *We're voting upon the release branch:*
> 2.0.0.0-incubating
> HEAD: commit
> <https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-hawq.git;a=commit;h=6b2de9d09f86fa08cf4fef0dd4e3dbe3b1b3dfd5>
>
> To run check RAT, please do:
>
> $mvn verify
>
> first to get the correct RAT output.  Look inside of pom.xml to see the
> classes of exceptions we're managing there for RAT.
>
> *Source Files:*
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/2.0.0.0-incubating.RC4
>
> *KEYS file containing PGP Keys we use to sign the release:*
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/hawq/KEYS
> (please note that I used new key to sign and my old key is going to be
> revoked)
>
> This vote will be open for at least 72 hours, or until the necessary number
> of votes reached.

+1 (binding)

checked:
   * checksums, keys, signature
   * DISCLAIMER, NOTICE and LICENSE all look good
   * RAT check checks out (no binary files and licenses are
appropriately attributed)
   * headers

Thanks,
Roman.