Posted to dev@airflow.apache.org by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org> on 2022/09/22 15:32:02 UTC

[VOTE] Release apache-airflow-providers-cncf-kubernetes from 4.4.0rc

A slightly unusal one this time (full provider release will happen next week) but we want to get cncf.kubernetes out earlier to enable support for @task.kubernetes.

This email is calling a vote on the release of apache-airflow-providers-cncf-kubernetes,
which will last for 72 hours - which means that it will end on 2022-09-25 at 15:30UTC

Consider this my (binding) +1.
Features
~~~~~~~~

* ``feat(KubernetesPodOperator): Add support of container_security_context (#25530)``
* ``Add @task.kubernetes taskflow decorator (#25663)``
* ``pretty print KubernetesPodOperator rendered template env_vars (#25850)``

Bug Fixes
~~~~~~~~~

* ``Avoid calculating all elements when one item is needed (#26377)``
* ``Wait for xcom sidecar container to start before sidecar exec (#25055)``

Airflow Providers are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/airflow/providers/

*apache-airflow-providers-<PROVIDER>-*.tar.gz* are the binary
Python "sdist" release - they are also official "sources" for the provider packages.

*apache_airflow_providers_<PROVIDER>-*.whl are the binary
Python "wheel" release.

The test procedure for PMC members who would like to test the RC candidates are described in
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/main/dev/README_RELEASE_PROVIDER_PACKAGES.md#verify-the-release-by-pmc-members

and for Contributors:
https://github.com/apache/airflow/blob/main/dev/README_RELEASE_PROVIDER_PACKAGES.md#verify-by-contributors

Public keys are available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/airflow/KEYS

Please vote accordingly:
[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Only votes from PMC members are binding, but members of the community are
encouraged to test the release and vote with "(non-binding)".

Please note that the version number excludes the 'rcX' string.
This will allow us to rename the artifact without modifying
the artifact checksums when we actually release.

As this release contains only a single provider I have dispensed with the usual meta-issue to track progress.
You can find packages as well as detailed changelog following the below links:
https://pypi.org/project/apache-airflow-providers-cncf-kubernetes/4.4.0rc1/
Cheers,
Ash

Re: [RESULT] Release apache-airflow-providers-cncf-kubernetes from 4.4.0rc1

Posted by Kaxil Naik <ka...@gmail.com>.
Should we release this one?

Posted by Ash Berlin-Taylor <as...@apache.org>.

Re: [VOTE] Release apache-airflow-providers-cncf-kubernetes from 4.4.0rc

Posted by Elad Kalif <el...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Jarek Potiuk <ja...@potiuk.com>.