Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by George Sanderson <ge...@xorgate.com> on 2000/12/28 20:44:41 UTC

RFC: Apache::FileMan pre-release 0.03

I have been getting more good feedback on the Apache::FileMan module.

FileMan provides a file manager for a web sites through a web browser. It
is a extensive rewrite of the Apache::AutoIndex.pm module (written by
Philippe M. Chiasson), which in turn was a remake of the autoindex Apache
module. FileMan can provide the same functionality as AutoIndex.pm and can
be used to both navigate and manage the web site.

The current pre-release version is 0.03 and is available for download from:
httpd://www.xorgate.com/
A demo is available by accessing:
httpd://www.xorgate.com/FileMan/demo/.XFM
user name=fileman
password=13dec00

In version 0.02, I added a destination text field, which helps make the
commands more intuitive.  I also added a "View" command that allows you to
view files (MiME) within FileMan.

In version 0.03, I added a select check box and hid the "Select Item" text
field, which again helps
the user interface.  The "View" command was removed, because the file links
now DECLINE the request  (just like AutoIndex.pm) so that Apache can
presents the file.

The command list includes: "Browse", "Upload", "Unzip", "Move", "Copy",
"Rename",
"Delete", "Mkdir", "Help", and "SetGID".

I still plan to add an EDIT command.  Also, I need provide a remote way to
allow the admin user to revoke other user's privileges, outside of the
authorization module's data and httpd.conf.

All comments welcomed.