Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2014/02/07 06:21:41 UTC

What we are sending the Apache Board as our Feb. report

James wrote the below for the most part:

Phoenix is an open source SQL query engine for Apache HBase, a NoSQL data
store.  It is accessed as a JDBC driver and enables querying and managing
HBase tables using SQL.

Phoenix has been incubating since 12/11/2013.

  1) Perform initial release out of apache incubator followed up quickly by
two new releases
  2) Make our customers successful and prove value of Phoenix+HBase over
other alternatives
  3) Attract new committers to the project

aware of?

The below is informational for the IPMC (no need to forward the board):

We've been waiting four weeks for our Github issues to be imported in our
Apache JIRA. My expectation was that this is a more automated task that
would be complete in a few days to a week. Given the rise in popularity of
Github, this is likely to remain a bottleneck for any future projects make
this transition. We're considering doing the import ourselves, as we're
starting to see duplicate JIRAs and continue to have to point users back to
our old Github issues.

We've cut over from our former Github-based open source project to our new
Apache home and dev and user lists are busy.

No new committers.

 * Apache Brand Management has ok'd our name of Apache Phoenix [1]
 * IP Clearance is nearly complete: software grant has been submitted and
acknowledged. Vote is underway and will close on 2/8.  IP-CLEARANCE
  note has been posted on general.
 * Reviewing proposed release on dev list and if all looks good, will start
a vote for our first release next week.
 * Working in parallel toward a new 3.0.0 release as well.

Date of last release:

 No release yet.

When were the last committers or PMC members elected?

 No new committers or PMC members.

1. https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PODLINGNAMESEARCH-44?filter=-2

Re: What we are sending the Apache Board as our Feb. report

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Feb 6, 2014, at 09:36 PM, Stack wrote:
> When the following lads get a chance, please log on to this page [1]
> so you can add an X to say you approve the Phoenix report (if you
> do that is!):

Done.

Steven.

Re: What we are sending the Apache Board as our Feb. report

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
Or, lads-in-the-list, if you just +1 this  here, I can do the wiki edit for
you, np.
St.Ack

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.
+1'ing from here for now. It seems that I do not have wiki edit permission.

Enis

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Thanks for the reminder!

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.