Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Hermann Norpois <hn...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/02 12:19:01 UTC

parsing json

Hello,

how does couchdb parse the json-documents? Which tool is used? Is it a
known library or is it a couchdb built in function?
Thanks
Hermann

Re: parsing json

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 05 Jul 2015, at 05:09, Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> On Jul 2, 2015, at 6:23 AM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On 02 Jul 2015, at 12:19, Hermann Norpois <hn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> how does couchdb parse the json-documents? Which tool is used? Is it a
>>> known library or is it a couchdb built in function?
>>
>> We use https://github.com/apache/couchdb-jiffy a C-implementation of a JSON
>> parser.
>>
>> Although there is now a discussion to move back to mochijson2, which is
>> native Erlang: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-2732
>>
>> Best
>> Jan
>> —
>
> (moving to dev@)
>
> Hiya Jan, we could be discussing a jiffy -> mochijson2 switch, but that’s not the topic of COUCHDB-2732. The issue there is the locking required by the NIF we use for JSON _collation_, which is something Filipe wrote for us back in COUCHDB-1186.
>
> On the topic of JSON collation, the findings by the IBM team are that pure Erlang collation outperforms the existing NIF, but that a NIF taking advantage of thread local storage is better still. Cheers,

I stand corrected, thanks Adam! :)

Jan

Re: parsing json

Posted by Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org>.

Re: parsing json

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.
> On 02 Jul 2015, at 12:23, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> On 02 Jul 2015, at 12:19, Hermann Norpois <hn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> how does couchdb parse the json-documents? Which tool is used? Is it a
>> known library or is it a couchdb built in function?
>
> We use https://github.com/apache/couchdb-jiffy a C-implementation of a JSON
> parser.
>
> Although there is now a discussion to move back to mochijson2, which is
> native Erlang: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-2732

In addition: view results are serialised by SpiderMonkey’s native JSON.stringify();

Best
Jan

Re: parsing json

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.