Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Arne Dieckmann <ar...@rub.de> on 2008/06/11 18:28:33 UTC

stiff integration problem

Dear all,

I'm quite new to the field of numerical mathematics and need to write
an application which is able to integrate stiff ODEs. I have looked
through the math-package and did not find an algorithm suitable for
that problem. Am I right or did I miss an appropriate method? If the
package does not contain a suitable algorithm, can you suggest any
other package? Thanks for your help...

Regards,
Arne

Re: stiff integration problem

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.
Arne Dieckmann a écrit :
> Hi Luc,
>
> thanks for you immediate reply. I know the odeToJava package, but I do
> not really like the style of the code that much.

I agree.

> Anyhow, this seems to
> be the only available solution right now. Will there also be a
> Bader-Deuflhard or Gear algorithm in version 2.0?

If someone ask for them, it is worth doing it. Could you please add
comments about this on the already open JIRA ticket about stiff problems
 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MATH-172) ?

Do you also have freely available references on these and other methods ?

> Can you give a rough
> estimate of the time when 2.0 will be available (+- 1 year)?

My current goal is to release it this year. But there is clearly NO
promise on ANY schedule, and I'm not the only one involved.

Luc

Posted by Arne Dieckmann <ar...@rub.de>.
Hi Luc,

thanks for you immediate reply. I know the odeToJava package, but I do
not really like the style of the code that much. Anyhow, this seems to
be the only available solution right now. Will there also be a Bader-
Deuflhard or Gear algorithm in version 2.0? Can you give a rough

Posted by Luc Maisonobe <Lu...@free.fr>.