Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com> on 2007/09/10 04:49:40 UTC

Please review, but don't commit (!) CXF-984 (aegis control of namespace prefixes)

CXF-984 provides a new feature: allow services to control the use of
namespace prefixes.

Now, in theory, no one should want to do this. However, there are two
reasons why this has come up.

1)     wsdl readability.

2)     Primitive clients. If you are concocting a client in, say,
javascript or perl or someplace with a non-namespace-aware XML parser,
knowing what's going to show up in the prefixes can save a lot of
effort.

The proposed change here is rather lightweight. I claim that the
AegisDatabinding is the right place for this, since the prefixes
overarch the entire service. Pulling them out of .aegis.xml files can't
be made coherent.

The patch I posted needs more unit test, but I wanted to stop and see if
the rest of the group found this entire idea palatable before I pushed
it any further.

--benson

RE: Please review, but don't commit (!) CXF-984 (aegis control of namespace prefixes)

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
Dan,

I just posted the larger patch. The first version neglected to include
the xsd:schema items produced by ReflectionServiceFactory for the
services. This one covers those.

I'd like to clean up the dueling 'AbstractDataBinding' issue, but that's
painful as a non-committer, I suspect.

I'd also like to add more to the unit test. It would be fine with me if
you'd commit this much. I'll tee up more unit test later, and perhaps I
could refactor the AbstractDataBinding classes if I am transfigured
sometime soon.

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
It turns out to be incomplete! I'll post a bigger one.

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com>.

--
Dan Diephouse
MuleSource

Re: Please review, but don't commit (!) CXF-984 (aegis control of namespace prefixes)

Posted by Dan Diephouse <da...@mulesource.com>.
Hi Benson,

--
Dan Diephouse