Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Guy Doulberg <Gu...@conduit.com> on 2011/04/06 15:59:56 UTC

History on custom coounters

Hey guys,

I have custom counters that I use in my Map/Red jobs,

To some of them it will make sense to save them, and to monitor them, they might indicate I have a problem in that data I am processing.

Is there a way to report them to some sort of a counter node, that will save them, and allow querying on them?

I am looking for something that is very similar to Ganglia, Ganglia is displaying some counters of Hadoop, but I don't know how to make to display custom counters - if possible.

Thanks again,