Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu> on 2001/03/06 00:05:28 UTC

servlet reloading issue with native library

When tomcat tries to reload my servlet, I get the following error
message:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library ... already loaded in another classloader

(This is for a native library that I have and am explicitly loading in
my code.)

Is there any way around this?  Thanks.

Milt Epstein
Research Programmer
Software/Systems Development Group
Computing and Communications Services Office (CCSO)
mepstein@uiuc.edu

Re: servlet reloading issue with native library

Posted by Milt Epstein <me...@uiuc.edu>.
On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Milt Epstein wrote:

> When tomcat tries to reload my servlet, I get the following error
> message:
>
> java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Native Library ... already loaded in another classloader
>
> (This is for a native library that I have and am explicitly loading in
> my code.)
>
> Is there any way around this?  Thanks.

Answering my own question again :-).  I got around this by moving the
class that was doing the loading out of the WEB-INF/classes directory
and into a directory on the CLASSPATH, such that it was being loaded
by the system classloader.  Fortunately, this is not a class that I
need to keep in the WEB-INF/classes directory (i.e. to be available
for reloading).  Not sure what, if anything, I could've done if I did
need/want to keep it there.