Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Jorge Fernandez <in...@yahoo.es> on 2007/08/13 15:40:56 UTC

null values in attributes (hierarchies with ADB)

Hi,

I'm observing that when I have an object  with array attributes, ADB behaves different depending on whether that attribute is inherited or not.

If I have an inherited array, and I don't call its set method, that element won't appear in the SOAP message. The client will see that the array is null.

If in the same case, I set it to null, the element will appear as nil in the SOAP message.  The client sees an array of one null component.

With a non-inherited array, the element will appear as nil if I set it to null and if I don't call the method too. The client sees an array of one null component.

If I have an attribute that is not an array (ex: a String). Its behaviour is the same if it's inherited or not. The element will appear as nil.

My question are:

Why does it work different for an inherited array??

Why my client sees the array with one null component when the array comes as nil?? Shouldn't him see it as a null array??

Why when an attribute is null it appears as nil in the soap message?? Shouldn't it be better that the attribute wouldn't appear in the message?

Thanks,

Jorge Fernández

Sé un Mejor Amante del Cine
¿Quieres saber cómo? ¡Deja que otras personas te ayuden!.