Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by jill han <jh...@bynum.com> on 2006/11/07 15:38:16 UTC

graph

I have a turbine/torque/velocity application.
I want to add some graphs to the web page. The data will be retrieved
from the DB. Is there any tools out there to do the job?
What kind of tool do you use to create a graph? Is there any
recommendations?
Thanks a lot for your help.

Jill

Re: graph

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@forio.com>.
Hi,

JFreeChart seems to be the most popular Java open source graphing tool.
http://www.jfree.org/jfreechart/

I've used KavaCharts, which is as inexpensive commercial option
http://www.ve.com/kavachart/index.html

And here is a HTML-only graphing library
http://webfx.eae.net/dhtml/chart/chart.html

Will

On 11/7/06, jill han <jh...@bynum.com> wrote:
> I have a turbine/torque/velocity application.
> I want to add some graphs to the web page. The data will be retrieved
> from the DB. Is there any tools out there to do the job?
> What kind of tool do you use to create a graph? Is there any
> recommendations?
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Jill

Forio Business Simulations

Will Glass-Husain
wglass@forio.com
www.forio.com

Re: graph

Posted by Paul Loy <pa...@peoplesarchive.com>.
I'd have a look at jgraph:

http://www.jgraph.com/jgraph.html

You'll be able to make images on the fly and insert them into your web
page. I'm never sure about trying to make graphs using html elements as
it's almost guaranteed to break on different browsers whereas an image
is browser safe!

Paul.

jill han wrote:
> I have a turbine/torque/velocity application.
> I want to add some graphs to the web page. The data will be retrieved
> from the DB. Is there any tools out there to do the job?
> What kind of tool do you use to create a graph? Is there any
> recommendations?
> Thanks a lot for your help.
>
> Jill

This email has been scanned by Postini.
For more information please visit http://www.postini.com

Re: Syntax style to direct access to maps & collections

Posted by Will Glass-Husain <wg...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

For maps, do

$myMap.color

WILL

Re: graph

Posted by trad-ex <tr...@inter7.jp>.
Hi Jill

I'm using velocity and JSGraph,
http://homepage3.nifty.com/slokar/js/jsgraph.html
and Yahoo! UI
http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/
to develop the interactive curve chart in my internal portal.

Best regards,
trad-ex