Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/12 15:17:25 UTC

Netbean Platform Not FInding Modules

So I have been trying to setup my environment to start working in netbean
code development per the Getting started page
https://netbeans.apache.org/help/getting-started.html

And on the first video

https://youtu.be/VC8gQJknPaU

It talks about compiling with ant on the pulled down via git source which
builds the nbbuild\netbean folder which is added then populated into the
"Netbeans Platform" wizard with all the modules within Modules tab.
However for some reason following my build and setup it seems to only show
RCP module without the other items.

Did I miss something or is this a potential issue?.

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

Re: Netbean Platform Not FInding Modules

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
Best to after doing the build simply open the module into Apache NetBeans
11 that you want to work on. Then work on it and run it and the built IDE
will start and include your changes.

Gj