Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by davidphilip cherian <da...@gmail.com> on 2016/01/19 06:31:18 UTC

Solr node 'Gone' status

Hi,

Solr-admin cloud view page has got another new radio button indicating
status of node :  'Gone' status. What does that mean?  One of my collection
is in that state and it is not serving any request. How to bring that up?

Re: Solr node 'Gone' status

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
The other possibility is that the "live_nodes" znode
somehow lost the registration of that node. This
shouldn't be happening, I've only seen it when Zookeeper
had problems (full disk in this case).

A node is only considered _really_ available if its
state in the state.json (or clusterstate.json in older
setups) is "active" _and_ it is in the live_nodes
znode.

In this state, the only real cure I know of is to restart
the Solr instance, that'll re-insert itself in the live_nodes
znode.

Best,
Erick

Re: Solr node 'Gone' status