Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Telang, Nandan" <te...@amazon.com> on 2005/12/27 20:55:13 UTC

Custom type query

I wish to pass an array of a properties ( foo[1].a =.. foo[1].b =.. ) to a custom ANT task that I have defined .. What is the best way to do this ?
How do I define custom types and can they be passed as attributes of the custom task ?

Thanks,
-Nandan

RE: Custom type query

Posted by Rainer Noack <ra...@noacks.net>.
Not really sure what you mean...

Take a look at http://ant.apache.org/manual/index.html -> Developing with
Ant

I often use this pretty simple pattern:

import java.util.Properties;
import org.apache.tools.ant.types.Parameter;

public class MyTask {

    private Properties properties = new Properties();

    // using a predefined type
    public void addConfiguredTaskProperty(Parameter parameter) {
        properties.put(parameter.getName(), parameter.getValue());
    }

    public void execute() {
    }
}

And it can be parameterized in your buildfile via:

<project ...>
 <target ...>
  <mytask>
       <taskproperty name="foo[1].a" value="FOO"/>
       <taskproperty name="foo[1].b" value="BAR"/>
  </mytask>
 </target>
</project>

Cheers