Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Benjamin, Roy" <rb...@ebay.com> on 2012/08/02 22:42:24 UTC

How to update a core using SolrJ

I'm using SolrJ and CommonsHttpSolrServer.

Before moving to multi-core configuration I constructed CommonsHttpSolrServer from "http://localhost:8080/solr", this worked fine.

Now I have two cores.  I have tried contructing CommonsHttpSolrServer from "http://localhost:8080/solr/core0" but this does
not work.  The resource is not found when I try to add docs.

How do I update Solr using SolrJ in a multi-core configuration?  What is the correct form for the CommonsHttpSolrServer URL?

Thanks!

Roy

Re: How to update a core using SolrJ

Posted by Chantal Ackermann <c....@it-agenten.com>.
Hi Roy,

the example URL is correct if your core is available under that name (configured in solr.xml) and has started without errors. I think I observed that it makes a different whether there is a trailing slash or not (but that was a while ago, so maybe that has changed).

If you can reach that URL via browser but SolrJ with exactly the same URL cannot, then
- maybe the SolrJ application is running in a different environment?
- there is authentication setup and you are authenticated via browser but SolrJ does not know of it
- ...?

Some log output would be definitely helpful.

Cheers,
Chantal