Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Pralabh Kumar <pr...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/01 11:21:01 UTC

org.apache.spark.shuffle.FetchFailedException: Too large frame:

Hi

I am getting the above error in Spark SQL . I have increase (using 5000 )
number of partitions but still getting the same error .

My data most probably is skew.

org.apache.spark.shuffle.FetchFailedException: Too large frame: 4247124829
	at org.apache.spark.storage.ShuffleBlockFetcherIterator.throwFetchFailedException(ShuffleBlockFetcherIterator.scala:419)
	at org.apache.spark.storage.ShuffleBlockFetcherIterator.next(ShuffleBlockFetcherIterator.scala:349)

Re: org.apache.spark.shuffle.FetchFailedException: Too large frame:

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.
Yes, you can usually use a broadcast join to avoid skew problems.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: org.apache.spark.shuffle.FetchFailedException: Too large frame:

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.

--
Ryan Blue
Software Engineer

Re: org.apache.spark.shuffle.FetchFailedException: Too large frame:

Posted by Pralabh Kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Pralabh Kumar <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Ryan Blue <rb...@netflix.com.INVALID>.