Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us> on 2010/01/28 15:24:51 UTC

starting tomcat in pre-integrations-test haults build

If I start tomcat in the pre-integration-test the build hangs.

Why is this?

D/

Re: starting tomcat in pre-integrations-test haults build

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us>.
I'm running the ant run plugin and in ant I'm using the exec target.
I got the same results with the maven exec plugin.

Inside the ant task I exec a script that runs the installer for my app, which stops tomcat at the beginning and then starts it.

this causes maven to hang.

My work around is to call a wrapper script that runs the installer then stops tomcat.
Then i have a second ant task that start tomcat with spawn=true.

I will take some time later to set it back and run with -X option..

D/

Posted by Douglas Ferguson <do...@douglasferguson.us>.
I ran it with -X and got tons of debug output but I didn't see anything indicating that there might be blocking..

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.