Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Floyd Wu <fl...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/23 06:01:49 UTC

Issue of LUCENENET-106 memory leak

Hi all,
It seems that issue, http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LUCENENET-106still
not fully fixed.
My observation of memory usage still get continuous increasing.
By using two profilers(YourKits profiler and MS .Net CLR Profiler), I found
that "Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentReader/Norm" and "Lucene.Net.Index.FieldInfo"
will be increased 41 object(both these two classes) instances when search
index(yes, sort is involved).
These increased object instances won't be grabage-collected and as result my
system will soon reached memory limitation and fire CLR recycle whole
process.

My Lucene.Net version is 2.3.1.2 and source is grab from SVN.
Please help on this.

Best regards,

 Floyd