Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Andrés José Rodríguez Carrasco <an...@telefonica.net> on 2003/11/27 11:30:58 UTC

PropertySelection initialization

I have a problem with the PropertySelection component, I use one in my page,
create an IPropertySelectionModel for the collection of components (Remote
Components), I want it to show some data about the currently selected object, so
I set the SubmitOnChange property to true.

The value property is named "curSet", and I want to display the "name" property
of that object, everything is working fine, except the first time I go to that
page, because the curSet property is null, so I get an exception, I solved the
problem by enclosing the Insert component that displays the information into a
conditional that checks if it's null, but I think it's quite counter intuitive,
because the first item of the list is displayed on the browser, but the user
will not get the info until he changes. Is there a way to tell the component to
read the value the first time it loads?.

--
Andrés José Rodríguez Carrasco

"What I have in my head
you can't buy, steal or borrow"