Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Aleksey Didik <di...@magenta-technology.ru> on 2010/03/07 13:32:12 UTC

Right way to create ${user.home}/.m2

Hello all,
I'm writing instructions for new company developers how to install Maven.
On the one step, developer need to copy prepared settings.xml to
${user.home}/.m2, but before, this folder must be created.
But Windows XP don't allow to create folder with such name :(. It say I
need to input file name...
Is exists right way to create this folder?

Now I use just /mvn/ command in console, it has broken because no one
project exists in work, but .m2 folder has been created.

Best regards,
Aleksey Didik.

Re: Right way to create ${user.home}/.m2

Posted by Aleksey Didik <di...@magenta-technology.ru>.
Thank you, Wendy!

Yes, it's possible to create "first dotted" folder by windows console :)
Quite good.
But idea with msi is the good one, may be I will make it.

Aleksey.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

--
Wendy