Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ben Vinegar <be...@hotmail.com> on 2004/01/20 07:12:18 UTC

Problem w/ Axis: Can't Decipher Crude Error Messages

When I try to compile/view the Calculator.java class example that is
demonstrated on the Axis homepage, I get the following error:

AXIS error
Sorry, something seems to have gone wrong... here are the details:

Fault - Error while compiling:  C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\Calc.java
AxisFault
faultCode: {http://xml.apache.org/axis/}Server.compileError
faultSubcode:
faultString: Error while compiling:  C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\Calc.java
faultActor:
faultNode:
faultDetail:
	{}Errors: Error compiling C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\Calc.java:
Line 0, column 0: could not parse error message:  Note: sun.tools.javac.Main
has been deprecated.
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat
5.0\webapps\axis\WEB-INF\jwsClasses\Calc.java:1: Class or interface
declaration expected.
ďťżpublic class Calculator {
^

Line 1, column 1:  Invalid character in input.
Line 1, column 2:  Invalid character in input.
Line 0, column 0:
3 errors, 1 warning

Could anyone help me decipher this?

Appreciate it.  Please make sure to send replies to this address as well as
list.

- Ben

http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/features&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca