Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by "Vries, Michiel de" <Mi...@nl.compuware.com> on 2001/02/23 09:12:37 UTC

Dinkumware etc revisited

Hi all,

Now that the new version of Xalan C++ is available, I would like to start
working on integrating it with UNIFACE, the product for which I'm using the
library to provide transformation support.

With the old 1.0 version I had troubles integrating the pre-build libraries.
They were called via a UNIFACE XML DLL.

My question is: should the complete product (UNIFACE, UNIFACE XML DLL,
Xerces and Xalan) be compiled with the same compiler? i.e. Should I use VC6
+ SP3 + Dinkumware for the structures around Xalan as well?

Ideally I would like to leave UNIFACE etc. being built as we do now
(probably without Dinkumware) and use your built version of Xalan (and
Xerces), which will then be loaded as a DLL.

Is this possible?

Groeten/Regards,

Michiel.
---
"Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not after you"