Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Pooja Verlani <po...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/21 19:40:56 UTC

Removing duplicate field at the time of search

Hi,

I have a "X" field in my index, which is a feature hash I would like to use
to remove the duplicates in my result.
I cant keep this as the unique id field. Is there any method or any
parameter at the search time to remove the duplicates on a particular
field(hash in this case)?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Pooja

Re: Removing duplicate field at the time of search

Posted by Pooja Verlani <po...@gmail.com>.
I am fine to remove the duplicates and not show them up for this use case.
But grouping can also help me show one representative from the group.
At present I am using solr 1.4. Any idea how to achieve it otherwise if not
by using solr 3.3.

Regards,
Pooja

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.