Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Siddharth Ubale <si...@syncoms.com> on 2015/03/25 07:55:49 UTC

Spark Performance -Hive or Hbase?

HI ,

We have started RnD on Apache Spark to use its features such as Spark-SQL & Spark Streaming. I have two Pain points , can anyone of you address them which are as follows:

1.       Does spark allow us the feature to fetch updated items after an RDD has been mapped and schema has been applied? Or every time while running the query we have to perform RDD Mapping and Apply schema? In this case I am using hbase tables to map the RDD.

2.       Spark-SQL provides better performance when used with Hive or Hbase?

Thanks,
Siddharth Ubale,
Synchronized Communications
#43, Velankani Tech Park, Block No. II,
3rd Floor, Electronic City Phase I,
Bangalore – 560 100
Tel : +91 80 3202 4060
Web: www.syncoms.com<http://www.syncoms.com/>
[LogoNEWmohLARGE]
London|Bangalore|Orlando

we innovate, plan, execute, and transform the business​