Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Stephen Morley <sm...@post.com> on 2000/02/19 17:42:18 UTC

Some Questions

Can someone tell me what the difference is between Apache JServ and Tomcat?
I found links to Jakarta on the Apache JServ site.

Some of the documents at Jakarta site talk about Tomcat "working with
Apache". When I downloaded the binaries if found a .jar file which is run
via Java Engine. How is this using Apache? I was able to run without having
Apache running?

Sorry, if these are simple questions, I'm trying to catch up quickly and am
very new to Java and Apache. (Background is C++ and then ASP/VB/COM w/ IIS).