Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> on 2003/02/12 01:57:06 UTC

Release details for 1.2 beta

Hey all,

This is a draft list of things we need to do to get a release out by
February 15:

1. Create jars for distribution
2. Update the web site
3. Get an announcement on ws.apache.org

Anything I'm missing?

Also, I suppose we need to coordinate all of this.  I am not quite sure
how to generate new JARs and get them on the web site.  I know some of
you can run Maven (or whatever you use) to regen the web site, so
hopefully that builds jars too.  Is anyone willing who is able?

I can post a message to general@ws.apache.org for #3.  I'll probably do
that tomorrow to give them some warning.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Re: Release details for 1.2 beta

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
Also, we are going to have to agree on the wording of the announcement.
 How's this:

href="http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/download.html">1.2 beta 1</a> has been
released.  Apache XML-RPC is a Java implementation of <a
href="http://www.xmlrpc.com">XML-RPC</a> , a popular protocol that uses
XML over HTTP to implement remote procedure calls. This is primarily a
bugfix release.  Please see the <a
href="http://ws.apache.org/xmlrpc/changes.html">Changelog</a> for more
details.

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.

Whoops, just got your post to general@ws.apache.org.

Re: 1.2 beta

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Martin, I've made /www/xml.apache.org/dist/ group-writable and
confirmed that you're in the ws group -- shouldn't have a problem now.

Re: XML-RPC beta pending release

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Daniel, Ryan,

If you send me the text, i can update the site....

Thanks,
dims

=====

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Re: XML-RPC beta pending release

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Daniel, Ryan,

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.

1.2 beta

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.
Thanks Martin!  This is by no means comprehensive, but
xmlrpc-1.2-b1-src.zip passes all tests using the build.properties I use
with my CVS build.

Good call removing build.properties from the distribution :)

--
Ryan Hoegg
ISIS Networks

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.
done!

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
I fixed the permissions problem. Pl try again.

Thanks,
dims

=====

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Re: Release details for 1.2 beta

Posted by Martin Poeschl <mp...@marmot.at>.

Posted by Daniel Rall <dl...@finemaltcoding.com>.
Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net> writes:

> Where did everyone go?  Daniel?  Martin?  I'd like to get 1.2 beta out
> the door and publicized so we can start working on 2.0 as the bug
> reports roll in.

Sorry, got slammed at work -- we're nearing a major release date.
Glad you guys worked it out.  CC me next time you need to get my
attention.

- Dan

Re: Release details for 1.2 beta

Posted by Ryan Hoegg <rh...@isisnetworks.net>.