Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Doug Rayner <dr...@savicom.net> on 2006/10/26 20:41:41 UTC

Build of V2.1.0 fails on FreeBSD V6.1

I am trying to build Embperl V2.1.0 on:

FreeBSD d0102 6.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE #0: Wed Aug 30 16:36:17 UTC
2006  amd64

Has anyone successfully built Embperl for this environment?

I have searched through the archives and have found some discussions on this
subject, and have resolved one problem.  The make on FreeBSD does not seem
to perform the step of recusive makes in the sub-directories.  I have solved
this problem by doing a:

    make subdirs

followed by:

    make

The show stopper problem is that the tests fail immediately as follows:

make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=0 /usr/local/bin/perl "-Iblib/lib" "-Iblib/arch" test.pl

/home/drayner/perlbuild/Embperl-2.1.0/blib/lib/Embperl.pm line 108.
Compilation failed in require at test.pl line 1809.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at test.pl line 1809.

Test terminated with fatal error
Use of uninitialized value in string ne at test.pl line 1209.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /home/drayner/perlbuild/Embperl-2.1.0.

I know Gerald Richter worked on this problem for a while more than a year
ago, but from the mail thread in the archive, it was not resolved.  Any
information beyond that point would be most appreciated.

Thanks and regards,

Doug Rayner
Senior System Architect
Savicom: Next Generation eMail Marketing
http://www.savicom.net
(415) 617-9006