Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Krzysztof Wilkos <ka...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/04 22:31:32 UTC

Re: SOAP/TCP project status...

2009/7/3 Krzysztof Wilkos <ka...@gmail.com>:
> 2009/6/30 Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>:
>>
>> Hi there!
>>
>> I wanted to follow up with you about the status of your GSoC project.
>> Midterm evaluations start next week and I really would like to see some
>> progress toward getting some code into place.
>>
>> I think it would be good to get a patch or similar attached to a JIRA that we
>> can look at and maybe even apply to trunk (in a non-building directory/module
>> even) that could be used as a base for future patches.
>>
>> Basically, I'd like to have some "proof" of progress for the midterms.
>>
>> Also, if there is ANYTHING I can do to help out, please ask.   I'm here to
>> help.
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Kulp
>> dkulp@apache.org
>> http://www.dankulp.com/blog
>>

> Finally I've got working client. Sun's pdf it's not enought so I ended
> with sniffing .Net communication. Tomorrow I'll clean up some code and
> submit patch.
>
> --
> Krzysztof Wilkos

I'm submiting a patch that adds soap over tcp client support. It still
needs more error handling end more tests but seems to work. I've
tested this with .Net service which is in SoapTcp.zip package. There
is also .Net client which I used as a reference as Sun's pdf was not
enough. Wireshark can't sniff over looback interface on Windows so I
used CommView trial, than save log as .cap and decode in wireshark.
--
Krzysztof Wilkos

Re: SOAP/TCP project status...

Posted by Krzysztof Wilkos <ka...@gmail.com>.
2009/7/30 Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>:

> Krzysztof,
>
> I've FINALLY had a chance to look at this.  I've gone ahead and added it into
> the soap binding and wired it into the normal soap transport.    It's
> definitely a good start.  Still plenty of work to do, but the simple case is
> working.
>
> I've even tested it a bit with the Sun Glassfish calculator sample.  I had to
> update a few things regarding the negotiated stuff, but it did do a full
> request/response.
>
> There's definitely quite a bit of work to be done on it for a "complete"
> solution, notable the fastinfoset support stuff, but the server side part is
> definitely a higher priority right now.   I'll probably help out a bit on the
> client side now that you have the basics working since it's quite interesting.
> :-)    I have other work to finish up first though.
>
> Dan
>

> On Mon July 27 2009 12:16:41 pm Daniel Kulp wrote:
>> On Fri July 24 2009 5:37:16 pm Krzysztof Wilkos wrote:
>> > 2009/7/7 Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>:
>> >
>> > I've get rid of XPP dependancy and rewritten utility class from metro,
>> > added Apache licence header, some javadocs and corrected code to match
>> > CXF convention. I also added more error handling. There are some
>> > javadocs left and maven poms. I have no experience with maven so I
>> > need some help.
>> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12414476/soaptcp.patch
>>
>> I'll take a look at this most likely tomorrow.  I'm a bit swamped today.
>> :-(
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> --
> Daniel Kulp
> dkulp@apache.org
> http://www.dankulp.com/blog

I submited patch with server side SOAP/TCP support. More details on JIRA.

--
Krzysztof Wilkos

Re: SOAP/TCP project status...

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.