Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by dovle <do...@delsyne.ro> on 2001/10/01 12:41:33 UTC

Problem with DeploymentDescriptor

Hi all ,
In fact I think is not a problem with the DD.xml but with the Apache Soap on
my computer . I will show you my scenario :
I have tryed to install apache soap on tomcat as in the tutorial but I get
the following error : after I modify the tomcat.sh , I could not start tomcat.
It writes all that stuff ( addContext ... ) but simply don't start ( Don't
write on console the ...connector ... ) . Any solutions ? ( My Mandrake 8.0 ).

All it seems ok cause I can deploy my apps via admin servlet but can't deploy
my services using the deployment descpriptor . When using the JVM from sun
the linux simple gave me the Segmentation fault ( Core dumped ) .
I have changed to IBM JVM and for the moment no segm fault but the following
---
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.AbstractMethodError:
com/sun/xml/tree/NodeBase.getNamespaceURI        at
org.apache.soap.server.DeploymentDescriptor.fromXML(DeploymentDescriptor.java:454)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java:230)
---

As it seems is something like not loading the correct Xerces classes but the
default ones from tomcat . How can I solve this problem .
Please help . I have tryed for several times to install apache soap and it
keeps doing the same ( five of six times i have tryed to install it ) .
Can anybody tell me what I might do wrong ?

( aditional info : tomcat 3.2.2 , OS : Mandrake distribution of linux v8.0 )
TIA ,
dovle .