Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by "Ayed, Saoussen" <Sa...@fisglobal.com> on 2017/09/15 10:13:33 UTC

Does qpid-client-6.0.4 support AMQP 1.0 ?

Hi Apache Team,

Could you please provide us information if qpid-client-6.0.4 supports AMQP 1.0 ?

I know that it's not mentioned on your official site at link : https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-java-6.0.4/index.html
But we were surprised that one of the exchanges has decommissioned old AMQP versions and now only supports AMQP 1.0 (this had been confirmed it's done by exchange) and we are still able to connect to exchange queues.

We would much appreciate your help on this topics as it will help us understand what's currently happening.

Kind Regards,

Saoussen Ayed
Business Analyst
Post-Trade Derivatives & Securites
T:  +216 70 10 66 00 (ext: 2166287)
E: saoussen.ayed@fisglobal.com<ma...@fisglobal.com>
FIS | Empowering the Financial World [cid:image005.png@01D11265.2C7F1D60] <https://www.facebook.com/FIStoday> [cid:image006.png@01D11265.2C7F1D60] <https://twitter.com/FISGlobal> [cid:image007.png@01D11265.2C7F1D60] <https://www.linkedin.com/company/fis>

[cid:image004.jpg@01D2A278.DB978040]

Re: Does qpid-client-6.0.4 support AMQP 1.0 ?

Posted by Adel Boutros <Ad...@live.com>.
Oops, I spoke too soon :(

________________________________
I agree the website page you reference to seems confusing especially that the client mentions Qpid JMS. From my experience, I confirm the Qpid clients (at least JMS) supports AMQP 1.0.

We use it exclusively in 1.0 mode along with the Qpid Java Broker 6.0.4 (also only in AMQP 1.0) and it is working.

Regards,

Adel

________________________________

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
Your question has already been answered:

http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/Does-qpid-client-6-0-4-
support-AMQP-1-0-td7666745.html

The qpid-client (version 6.0.4 or otherwise) is the client for AMQP
0-9-1/0-10 ; for JMS using AMQP 1.0 you need the qpid-jms-client (e.g.
version 0.25)

Is there something you require further clarity on?

-- Rob

Posted by Rob Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 5 October 2017 at 16:18, ayed.saoussen@gmail.com <ayed.saoussen@gmail.com
> wrote:

> Thank you for your reply and for the link to this forum.
> I was expecting answer by email.
>
> This replies to my question - Thank you all !
>
> On 2017-10-05 12:29, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Replies to list messages go back to the list, you need to join and follow
> > things, or else check one of the various archives.
> >
> > A response was given shortly after you asked:
> > https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/03984ef396d9c8f0f2fd9eb771be51
> f6f02b03903132868ff59b2d56@%3Cusers.qpid.apache.org%3E
> >
> > On 5 October 2017 at 12:06, Ayed, Saoussen <Sa...@fisglobal.com>
> > wrote:

[.. snip ..]

> > Thank you for your reply and the link to this forum.
> I was expecting a reply by email.
> Now, after reading your answers, I can understand that qpid client 6.0.4
> doesn't support AMQP 1.0.
> Hence I still cannot understand how can we still connect to Exchange AMQP
> broker 1.0.

The AMQP 1.0 client is (as was said previously) a different component -
https://qpid.apache.org/components/jms/index.html .  Using this client you
should be able to connect to the Exchange which is using AMQP 1.0.

The 6.0.x client was originally (11 years ago) designed to support on the
AMQP 0-8 protocol, and was subsequently updated to also support AMQP 0-10;
however when we moved to AMQP 1.0 we decided to go with a clean sheet
implementation.  For historical reasons we previously bundled the release
of the AMQP 0-8/9/10 client with the Broker for Java however we no longer
do so.

> Does this mean that qpid broker that supports

The Qpid Broker for Java supports AMQP 0-8,0-9-1,0-10 and AMQP 1.0; The
Qpid C++ Broker supports AMQP 0-10 and AMQP 1.0; for these two products you
can use either the old (6.0.x) client or the new JMS client (though I would
recommend the latter).
Qpid Dispatch Router supports only AMQP 1.0 and so you would need to use
the newer client for that.

-- Rob

Re: Does qpid-client-6.0.4 support AMQP 1.0 ?

Posted by "ayed.saoussen@gmail.com" <ay...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Ayed, Saoussen" <Sa...@fisglobal.com>.
Hi Apache,

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
No, the 'qpid-client' module does not support AMQP 1.0, it only supports
AMQP 0-x protocol versions. The separate 'qpid-jms-client' supports AMQP
1.0.