Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Wladimir Boton <wb...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/07 16:36:56 UTC

Brazilian Portuguese translation

Hi,

Does someone have the Brazilian Portuguese translation for Roller 3.1?
If not, where are the instructions to translate Roller?

thank you.

Re: Brazilian Portuguese translation

Posted by Wladimir Boton <wb...@gmail.com>.
A copied ApplicationResources.properties to
ApplicationResources_us.properties and
ApplicationResources_pt_BR.properties to
ApplicationResources.properties.

All strings got translated except the month names on the dates. They
are in english. Where i change it?

I think that there is a bug on the internationalization engine. Some
strings are retrieved from ApplicationResources.properties no matter
what locale the user choose.

--
Wladimir Boton
http://www.wboton.com

Re: Brazilian Portuguese translation

Posted by sedat ciftci <se...@yahoo.com>.
Except the ones that I wrote below, I did not find any
translation problems in roller 3.1 (Convert Line
Breaks?, Email scrambler? etc. are the plugins in the
org.apache.roller.ui.rendering package of the source
code and their name&description values are hardcoded
into the code as I mentioned below).

Also note that, I use my language as the default one
(ApplicationResources.properties). May be, in the
tabbed menu, the properties are read directly from
default properties file?
  Sedat

The mail related with translation that I sent to the
dev@roller.apache.org before (about one week ago):
###################
Hello,
  I see that some of messages are hard coded (not read
from resource bundle file) in roller while I try to
translate it to my language. Here are the hard coded
messages that I have found:

- in
roller/WEB-INF/jsps/authoring/CommentManagement.jsp
there is a "mailto" word that is hardcoded.

- in roller/WEB-INF/jsps/authoring/Invitations.jsp and
roller/WEB-INF/jsps/core/YourWebsites.jsp,

        <c:if test="${invite.permissionMask == 0}"
>LIMITED</c:if>
        <c:if test="${invite.permissionMask == 1}"
>AUTHOR</c:if>
        <c:if test="${invite.permissionMask == 3}"
>ADMIN</c:if>

  are hard coded. Instead,

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Brazilian Portuguese translation

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wladimir Boton <wb...@gmail.com>.

--
Wladimir Boton
http://www.wboton.com

Re: Brazilian Portuguese translation

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Wladimir Boton <wb...@gmail.com>.
Does any one know why the menu don't translate when we change the language?
This keeps in english with any language I choose:
Weblog Settings
Create & Edit       Preferences
Settings | Theme | Templates | Members | Pings | Custom Ping Targets |
Maintenance

and

 Convert Line Breaks ?
 Topic Tags ?
 Email Scrambler ?
 Emoticons ?

The comments form don't translate either.

--
Wladimir Boton
http://www.wboton.com

Re: Brazilian Portuguese translation