Posted to dev@manifoldcf.apache.org by "Naveen A.N" <an...@searchblox.com> on 2015/06/01 15:04:24 UTC

Setting up MainfoldCF in Eclipse

My Name is Naveen and i work for searchblox. i would like to contribute to ManifoldCF connectors.

Since i am new to ManifoldCF i would like to know some basic things.

I read the documentation and i was not able to find How to setup ManifoldCF for development in eclipse. Please guide me or point me to some tutorials.

Thanks and Regards,
Naveen A.N

Re: Setting up MainfoldCF in Eclipse

Posted by tishan pubudu kanishka dahanayakage <dt...@gmail.com>.
Hi Naveen,

As per the chat we had you can use pom to setup your project in IDE. Then
configure your tomcat to remote debug.
Then you can debug and find you issue and fix it accordingly. Then AFAIK
you can create a jira and provide your fix as a patch.

Thanks,
Tishan

On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 6:21 AM, Karl Wright <da...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Naveen,
>
> I don't believe we have a checked-in eclipse settings file anywhere, but a
> number of developers use it with ManifoldCF.  I am not sure how they do
> this, though.  I suspect they are building via eclipse using the Maven
> build, which while supported is definitely not very close to the official
> ant build.
>
> Karl
>

> On Mon, Jun 1, 2015 at 9:04 AM, Naveen A.N <an...@searchblox.com> wrote:
>
> > My Name is Naveen and i work for searchblox. i would like to contribute
> > ManifoldCF connectors.
> >
> > Since i am new to ManifoldCF i would like to know some basic things.
> >
> > I read the documentation and i was not able to find How to setup
> > ManifoldCF for development in eclipse. Please guide me or point me to
> some
> > tutorials.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Naveen A.N