Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Flynn <pf...@ucc.ie> on 2009/01/29 13:44:26 UTC

Email connector

Is there an email connector for Cocoon? I am currently using my
.procmailrc to grab some messages of interest to a research community
and stick them in a mailbox file. I'd like to expose the n most recent
(say 10) in a corner of a web page which is being generated by Cocoon.

In effect it needs to parse the RFC822 headers to get the subject and
origin and date, and then reproduce the text-body untouched (replacing <
and & with character entity references), and drop all attachments on the
floor.

I thought I saw a reference to a component that did this a couple of
years ago, but I can't find it again.

///Peter

Re: Email connector

Posted by Peter Flynn <pf...@ucc.ie>.
David Legg wrote:
> Hi Peter,
>
>> In effect it needs to parse the RFC822 headers to get the subject and
>> origin and date, and then reproduce the text-body untouched (replacing
>> < and & with character entity references), and drop all attachments on
>> the floor.
>>
>> I thought I saw a reference to a component that did this a couple of
>> years ago, but I can't find it again.
>
> You may like to take a look at the Mime4j code which is a subproject of
> the James Apache mail server [1]

That looks very useful. Unfortunately I'm not a Java programmer, so I
have no idea how to add this to Cocoon so that I can call on it from
within XSLT (giving the name of the local mailbox as the argument).

///Peter

Re: Email connector

Posted by David Legg <da...@searchevent.co.uk>.
Hi Peter,

> In effect it needs to parse the RFC822 headers to get the subject and
> origin and date, and then reproduce the text-body untouched (replacing
> < and & with character entity references), and drop all attachments on
> the floor.
>
> I thought I saw a reference to a component that did this a couple of
> years ago, but I can't find it again.

You may like to take a look at the Mime4j code which is a subproject of
the James Apache mail server [1]

Regards,
David Legg

[1] http://james.apache.org/mime4j/index.html