Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Mark Slee <ms...@facebook.com> on 2008/08/18 22:53:46 UTC

RE: website skeleton up

Hi Doug (and/or anyone else who knows),

I had a few questions about editing the incubator website. I'm rounding
up some free time to take a pass at adding more introductory
help/tutorials to the main site (lots of which might just be pointers to
the Wiki).

How is the server that runs the incubator site configured? I gather from
svn info that people.apache.org:/www/incubator.apache.org/thrift just
serves from:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/thrift/site/publish

It looks like most sites are generating static HTML into these folders.
Is that a strict requirement? Is it possible to place any dynamic
scripts into the publish folder, or is it strictly static content?

Do you have any recommendations on a web development environment? Do
most people typically just check out and run on their own personal/local
webservers for testing/development?

Thanks,
Mark