Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Sean LeBlanc <se...@nutros.com> on 2002/08/07 22:51:11 UTC

SSL and Tomcat as a service

Has anyone else been able to make this work? I could run with SSL when I ran
Tomcat manually, but the service crashes because it can't find the JSSE jars,
presumably. I tried putting all the JARS in the classpath (besides just being
in JAVA_HOME's \jre\lib\ext dir), but that's a non-starter.

TIA,
Sean LeBlanc - sean@nutros.com

Re: SSL and Tomcat as a service

Posted by Sean LeBlanc <se...@nutros.com>.
On 08-08 09:11, Yuriy Stul wrote:
> What is your OS? If it is Windows try to put JSSE jar-files to something
> like
>
> C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1_04\lib\ext
>
> I use Windows 2000 and Java SDK 1.3.1_04.
>
> Yuriy.

Actually, the more I think about this, the more I wonder: when running
Tomcat in conjunction with IIS, can/should IIS be the one with the SSL
enabled? Will this work properly w/o setting up any kind of SSL support (and
certificate) inside Tomcat?

Sean LeBlanc - Nutros.com
Random fortune/quote:
Why is the alphabet in that order?  Is it because of that song?

Re: SSL and Tomcat as a service

Posted by Sean LeBlanc <se...@nutros.com>.
On 08-08 09:11, Yuriy Stul wrote:
> What is your OS? If it is Windows try to put JSSE jar-files to something
> like
>
> C:\Program Files\JavaSoft\JRE\1.3.1_04\lib\ext
>
> I use Windows 2000 and Java SDK 1.3.1_04.

This is W2K Pro, Tomcat 4.0.4 and JSDK 1.4.0-beta3.

I put those in the directory that Tomcat "found" during install, in the same
hierarchy.  Still no dice. For grins, I also put them in the dir you describe
above, since I have that dir, too.

RE: SSL and Tomcat as a service

Posted by Yuriy Stul <yu...@bladefusion.com>.