Posted to announce@apache.org by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@apache.org> on 2008/04/08 11:49:40 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Studio 1.1.0 is released

The Apache Directory Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Directory Studio 1.1.0, the first major update of its Eclipse based LDAP
Browser and Directory client.

You can download Apache Directory Studio 1.1.0 as a standalone RCP
application for Mac OS X, Linux and Windows here:
    http://directory.apache.org/studio/downloads.html

You can also install it directly in Eclipse using this update site:
    http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/1.x/

Developed as a sub-project of the Directory Top Level Project, Apache
Directory Studio is an Eclipse RCP application that takes full advantage of
the benefits inherent in the Eclipse platform. Composed of several Eclipse
(OSGi) plugins, Apache Directory Studio can be easily upgraded with
additional plugins. Apache Directory Studio plugins can even run within a
full installation of Eclipse itself.

Apache Directory Studio contains 5 major features:
* an LDAP Browser Plugin
* an LDIF Editor Plugin
* an ACI Editor Plugin for Apache Directory Server
* a Schema Editor Plugin
* an Apache DS Configuration Plugin

For more information about Apache Directory Studio, see our website:
    http://directory.apache.org/studio

Below are the JIRA issues that were resolved since the release of Apache
Directory Studio 1.0.1:
Sub-task
  * [DIRSTUDIO-142] - Add SASL authentication

Bug
  * [DIRSTUDIO-48] - Errors when help is open
  * [DIRSTUDIO-95] - Not returning large queries
  * [DIRSTUDIO-97] - Unable to display attributes of subschemasubentry
cn=schema of TivoliDS 6.0 in Entry Editor
  * [DIRSTUDIO-120] - 100% CPU when deleting thousands of entries
  * [DIRSTUDIO-139] - Operational attributes not shown in the Entry Editor
  * [DIRSTUDIO-152] - New entry creator does not know that 'dc' and
'domainComponent' is the same thing
  * [DIRSTUDIO-154] - Studio getting slower and slower on bulk operations
  * [DIRSTUDIO-161] - Unable to enter Base DN ending in 'dc='
  * [DIRSTUDIO-163] - Schema Editor keep leaking GDI Handles
  * [DIRSTUDIO-166] - LDif Import changetype: modify add attribute attrId is
not case insensitive
  * [DIRSTUDIO-184] - Error while reading entry in Active Directory
  * [DIRSTUDIO-191] - Connection Name mess up if it contains non-ascii chars
  * [DIRSTUDIO-196] - Error dialog displayed after Problems View is closed
  * [DIRSTUDIO-197] - Following referrals throws NPE
  * [DIRSTUDIO-198] - Search string is not working properly with
metacharacters (*, +...)
  * [DIRSTUDIO-201] - Project Name mess up if it contains non-ascii chars
  * [DIRSTUDIO-203] - Help contexts of LDAP Browser does not display in the
Dynamic Help window
  * [DIRSTUDIO-204] - Warning displayed when showing the properties of a
connection
  * [DIRSTUDIO-205] - Windows installer's publisher is set to "Unknown
Publisher"
  * [DIRSTUDIO-206] - Browse does not work in subtree editor base selection
  * [DIRSTUDIO-210] - Filter parser accepts bad filters
  * [DIRSTUDIO-211] - Connections window doesn't display swedish characters
properly
  * [DIRSTUDIO-213] - NullPointerException raised when selecting an OC with
no alias as a superior in the NewObjectClassWizard
  * [DIRSTUDIO-214] - IllegalArgumentException raised when selecting an AT
with no alias as superior in the NewAttributeTypeWizard
  * [DIRSTUDIO-217] - Eclipse 3.3 New Connections shows "Browser Options"
without possibility to add new address
  * [DIRSTUDIO-220] - lowercase {crypt} in userPassword is an "Unsupported
Hash Method"
  * [DIRSTUDIO-222] - Pb when creating an entry with an invalid atribute as
a RDN
  * [DIRSTUDIO-223] - NullPointerException raised when adding values in the
New Entry Wizard
  * [DIRSTUDIO-224] - Can't Open Schema View with JDK 6.0
  * [DIRSTUDIO-226] - Attribute Type Description is not imported when
reading an OpenLDAP schema file
  * [DIRSTUDIO-230] - Locate Dn in DIT Action does not work well
  * [DIRSTUDIO-231] - F3 locate in DIT does not work correctly
  * [DIRSTUDIO-233] - Browsing base DN returns [LDAP: error code 10 -
Referral]
  * [DIRSTUDIO-235] - Non ASCII characters are not rendered properly in the
LDAP Browser View when label is limited to a certain number of characters
  * [DIRSTUDIO-239] - No error message when importing a bad schema
  * [DIRSTUDIO-242] - Inconsistent state of the Entry Editor after using
"New Value" (or "New Attribute...") and pressing "Escape".
  * [DIRSTUDIO-243] - Modified value of Equality Matching Rule in the
AttributeTypeEditor is not saved
  * [DIRSTUDIO-245] - Apache DS Configuration Plugin cannot parse server.xml
file correctly
  * [DIRSTUDIO-247] - Don't use implicit ManageDsaIT control magic of JNDI
  * [DIRSTUDIO-249] - Modification Logs view does not display request
controls, if sent to the server
  * [DIRSTUDIO-250] - Unable to load entries if RDN is quoted and contains
unescaped comma
  * [DIRSTUDIO-252] - Advanced value editors don't work in NewEntryWizard
  * [DIRSTUDIO-253] - cant open server.xml with directory studio
  * [DIRSTUDIO-258] - ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException when changing Base DN
  * [DIRSTUDIO-259] - NPE when trying to turn back on "save password" on
connection properties
  * [DIRSTUDIO-261] - LDAP Browser shows same root objects two times under
Root DSE
  * [DIRSTUDIO-264] - ldif parser doesn't accept attributes with empty
values
  * [DIRSTUDIO-267] - Clicking on a bookmark loops and does not display
attributes
  * [DIRSTUDIO-269] - Attributes not displayed when browsing BEA Weblogic
embedded LDAP
  * [DIRSTUDIO-270] - Copy and paste does not work when value being edited
  * [DIRSTUDIO-278] - Error when looking at a connection property
  * [DIRSTUDIO-279] - Filter Editor doesn't remove spaces and line breaks
after OK
  * [DIRSTUDIO-281] - LDIF and Apache DS configuration files can't be saved
in RCP mode
  * [DIRSTUDIO-284] - Changing "Supported Authentication Mechanism" doesn't
set the dirty flag.
  * [DIRSTUDIO-285] - Export into LDIF format could be corrupted
  * [DIRSTUDIO-286] - Update Site is not working, missing dependencies in
ldifeditor, ldapbrower and schemaeditor feature
  * [DIRSTUDIO-287] - NullPointerException raised by
ValueEditorsPreferences.getSyntaxValueEditorMap(...) method
  * [DIRSTUDIO-288] - "SWTError: No more handles" error when repeatedly
adding a new entry
  * [DIRSTUDIO-296] - The Modifications Log view is not refreshed when
running the 'Execute LDIF' action from an LDIF file
  * [DIRSTUDIO-299] - java.lang.NoSuchMethod error when attempting to edit a
value
  * [DIRSTUDIO-300] - user guide point to a wrong default port
  * [DIRSTUDIO-302] - LDIF Editor does not work when loading LDIF file
outside of workspace with Eclipse 3.3.x
  * [DIRSTUDIO-310] - mangled values in binary or octetstring attribute
types

Improvement
  * [DIRSTUDIO-37] - Improve authentication methods and security mechanisms
  * [DIRSTUDIO-119] - Allow user to disabled the Modification logs windows
  * [DIRSTUDIO-123] - Refactor IConnection interface and Connection class
  * [DIRSTUDIO-136] - Remove the "Apache DS" menu from the Java Perspective
  * [DIRSTUDIO-138] - Add visual feedback to the user, if SSL (ldaps) is
enabled
  * [DIRSTUDIO-156] - useability improvement: when exporting an OU use the
applied filter by default
  * [DIRSTUDIO-187] - Add the ability to organize connections in folders
  * [DIRSTUDIO-189] - Replace connection combo-box with
BrowserConnectionWidget
  * [DIRSTUDIO-195] - Add key bindings to the Schema Editor
  * [DIRSTUDIO-199] - Add scopes for OC and AT in search
  * [DIRSTUDIO-200] - Add an OC and AT hierarchical global view
  * [DIRSTUDIO-202] - Add help contexts to the help plugin of the Schema
Editor
  * [DIRSTUDIO-216] - Improve Type Hierarchy View
  * [DIRSTUDIO-221] - Improve Object Class selection in the New Entry Wizard
  * [DIRSTUDIO-227] - Add the ability to select OpenLDAP schema files as
core schemas when creating a project
  * [DIRSTUDIO-237] - It would be good to be able to import 'core' schemas
into an existing project
  * [DIRSTUDIO-238] - Automatically add an alias when the 'ok' button is
selected
  * [DIRSTUDIO-240] - Memorize the last import's path
  * [DIRSTUDIO-251] - Replace the Text Widget for the OID in the new AT and
OC wizards by a Drop-Down Combo with history of the last used OIDs
  * [DIRSTUDIO-254] - schema import does not provide error reporting when
parsing schema file
  * [DIRSTUDIO-257] - Use system small fonts on Mac OS X
  * [DIRSTUDIO-275] - Import/Export wizards should display an error if no
Schema Project is open
  * [DIRSTUDIO-289] - Windows Installer should detect previous installation
and propose to uninstall it before installing the newest

New Feature
  * [DIRSTUDIO-192] - Add an extension point in the Schema Editor for
SchemaConnectors
  * [DIRSTUDIO-193] - Add the abitilty to import/export the Schema from/to a
directory Server
  * [DIRSTUDIO-194] - Add a SchemaConnector for Apache Directory Server
  * [DIRSTUDIO-246] - Add support for simulated renaming of non-leaf entries
  * [DIRSTUDIO-248] - Add support for simulated moving of non-leaf entries

Task
  * [DIRSTUDIO-218] - Some packages are not signed
  * [DIRSTUDIO-225] - Update documentation for Schema Editor Plugin
  * [DIRSTUDIO-229] - Replace internal DN/RDN/RDNPart with LdapDN/Rdn/ATAV
of shared-ldap
  * [DIRSTUDIO-236] - Update the Apache DS Configuration plugin to work with
the server.xml file of Apache DS 1.5.1
  * [DIRSTUDIO-265] - Migrate our build system from Ant+Ivy to Maven
  * [DIRSTUDIO-280] - Remove remaining unwanted contributions from Eclipse
  * [DIRSTUDIO-290] - Check creation and proper disposal of SWT Graphics
objects

The Apache Directory Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Studio 1.1.0 is released

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.
Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
> Thanks Felix,
>
> I forgot about this source package. I changed the link to directly
> link the package:
> http://directory.apache.org/studio/download/download.cgi/directory/studio/stable/1.1.0/ApacheDirectoryStudio-sources-1.1.0.v20080331.zip
Thanks, my fault. I should open my eyes! I thought that all files were
sources :(

Felix

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Studio 1.1.0 is released

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Thanks Felix,

I forgot about this source package. I changed the link to directly link the
package:
http://directory.apache.org/studio/download/download.cgi/directory/studio/stable/1.1.0/ApacheDirectoryStudio-sources-1.1.0.v20080331.zip

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Zoerner <sz...@apache.org>.
Hi Pierre-Arnaud,

Great work!

I have modified the DOAP-file of studio
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/trunk/doap_dirstudio.rdf

It will take some hours until this has effect here
http://projects.apache.org/projects/directory_studio.html

Greetings from Hamburg (intact back from Amsterdam),
     Stefan