Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Airline Pedestal <ai...@yahoo.com> on 2003/05/06 22:28:08 UTC

multi-references elements in XML

Hi All,

   I'm writing a custom deserializer which
extends the DeserializerImpl class.  I'm having
trouble with multi-referenced elements in
my XML instances.  I have a XML schema defined
with the following definitions:

   <xsd:complexType name="ElementType">
      <xsd:attribute name="id" type="xsd:ID"
                     use="optional"/>
   </xsd:complexType>

   <xsd:complexType name="Reference">
      <xsd:attribute name="href" type="xsd:IDREF"
                     use="required"/>
   </xsd:complexType>

It would seem that the standard AXIS code required
any references in the XML instance to have an
attribute of the following form:

  href="#123"

Where the attribute name is exactly "href",
and the id is preceded with a # character.
Is this true?  I've changed my attribute name
to be "href".  But, the type IDREF considers
a preceding # character as invalid.  What
should the type of the attribute be set to?

Thanks,

Air

http://search.yahoo.com