Posted to marketing@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan <da...@apache.org> on 2014/07/26 20:29:34 UTC

[ANNOUNCE][ACS44] Apache CloudStack 4.4.0 is released

Apache CloudStack is open source software designed to deploy and manage large networks of virtual machines, as a highly available, highly scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) cloud computing platform. CloudStack is used by a number of service providers to offer public cloud services, and by many companies to provide an on-premises (private) cloud offering, or as part of a hybrid cloud solution.

Version 4.4.0 contains
* 135 bugfixes
* 12 New Features
* 9 Improvements

Root disk resize
Allow Root disk resize which remove need to have multiple templates of the same Operating System for different disk size.

Root disks on Managed storage
Use of Primary Storage Plug-in for Root disks. The storage Plug-in module was previously available only for Data disk. The Storage Plug-in allow Creation of LUN per Virtual Disk at the Storage device which can benefit from the Storage Appliance features such as deduplication, thin provisioning or better usage reporting.

VMWare Support for DRS
VMware DRS(Distributed Resource Scheduler), VM HA(High Availability): Provide highly available resources to your workloads. Balance workloads for optimal performance. Scale and manage computing resources without service disruption.

Hyper-V support improvements
New features have been added to use Microsoft Windows Hyper-V as managed hypervisor in CloudStack.
* Storage Live-Migration support
* Zone-wide primary storage
* VPC support

Virtual Router Service Failure Alerting
Use the monitoring VR services introduced in CloudStack 4.3 to notify admins about virtual-router failures.

--
Daan

Re: [ANNOUNCE][ACS44] Apache CloudStack 4.4.0 is released

Posted by Arjan <er...@gmail.com>.
Top Daan!

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.
I just noticed that we forgot to include links for downloading, etc.

At a minimum we should point to http://cloudstack.apache.org/ ...Next time!

My apologies for not catching this before pushing it through moderation.

-Sally

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Beautiful, Daan!

Posted by Prodosh Banerjee <pr...@anolim.com>.
Daan - excellent summary.
It would be great to have direct links to the release notes and list of bug fixes.

Prodosh

Prodosh Banerjee
Email:  p.banerjee@safeswisscloud.ch
Thalwil, Switzerland