Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ben Kyrlach <bk...@hobsons-us.com> on 2009/03/10 17:38:54 UTC

SVN client stalls during "large" initial import...

Hello...
I'm using subversion 1.4, and I'm attempting to import a website that has
combined 21420 directories/files. It seems to be chugging along and then it
just stops... generally around the same place in the file list. I'm
completely stumped, because although this is large for me, it seems from
lurking around here that it's not really _that_ large. The repository is
FSFS, and I'm sure there's other information you'll need from me, I'm just
not sure what to provide as I'm pretty new to Subversion.

Thanks for any help you can offer,

Ben.

P.s. Getting this checked in is one of our goals so we can upgrade to SVN
1.5 or 1.6, so if that's your recommendation, it's certainly what we're
aiming for.

Re: SVN client stalls during "large" initial import...

Posted by Ben Kyrlach <bk...@hobsons-us.com>.
1) http2) I'm not sure how to answer this. Do you mean the size of the pipe?
3) I can, but I didn't wish for their to be several incomplete revisions
within the repository. It's my understanding that if I broke it up into
multiple imports, it would create multiple revisions.

This may or may not be noteworthy, but ps aux reveals the following...

S+   13:28  10:06 svn import

A bit of digging in the man pages says that the S stat means that this
process is in an interruptible sleep state, potentially waiting for some
event. I'm not really sure what that means, or why it would go through X
number of files, and then sleep.

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.