Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Christian Bjørnbak <bj...@iuas.dk> on 2001/04/09 08:28:06 UTC

Multiple sites on RequestController..

Hi

We are building af site where a lot of companies are having there on site
(expressed with xml and xslt) and sharing one common RequestController
servlet.

The url today is
http://www.ourportal.com/requestControllerServlet?companyid=aCompany which
isn't that readable or remendable for the average internet user.

So I would like to setup Apache/Tomcat to serv the same servlet using the
following url: http://www.ourportal.com/aCompany.

I could be done with web.xml, but the company list is dynamic (we need to be
able to add and delete companies without restarting the application)...

I been thinking about doing it by suppling the companyid as PathInfo and map
the servlet with DirectoryIndex (see my other posting).

But I guess PathInfo and DirectoryIndex won't work at the same time..

Anyone any ideas?? Apache should still serv static material as images..

Thanks,

/Christian Bjørnbak