Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Alen Ribic <al...@mweb.co.za> on 2003/05/08 16:21:38 UTC

Eclipse plugins

Is there any Eclipse plugin for OJB available at the moment?
--Alen

Re: OJB and webstart 'woes' Solution: Java 1.4.2.b12

Posted by onno <on...@onnos.com>.
thx armin -

the one thing i do not want to do is start coding OJB myself - i like to
work with standard packes for a multitude of reasons. Saying that we solved
the issue (which was a problem with WebStart not OJB) by installed the very
latest java sdk (1.4.2) this
solves the infamouse webstart bug and allows URL loading as in Java normal.

We luckily have the option of installing the java versions for our clients.

It didn't break any code and all our server apps are running smoothly , oh
adnd the new 'splash' screen is well worth the upgrade altogether :)

Since we are nearing deadlines we will no longer pursue finding a 1.4.1
solution... (a bit of a shame, but hey, the new Java is faster (especially)
load time, apparently less mem-hugging so no need for complaints here)

Re: OJB and webstart 'woes'

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
Hi Onno,

> Hiya posted this a little while back but didn't find a solution either
on
> the archives or the net.
>
> we wanna distribute OJB with our Webstart app. But as many other
packages
> (and because of a problem
> with webstart mind you) it cannot find any of the ,DTD,XML or
properties
> files.
>
> For most we get round this issue by loading these files ourselves and
then
> simply telling the 'package' where to look
> for it instead. However i didn't find any such 'entry' point in OJB.
>
> Is it possible to set all these things without OJB looking for the
files
> itself - i can think of many reasons why this is useful
> besides a problem with webstart...

indeed, could be useful for others

> We are for example not happy distributing
> the xml with the app as this is the only
> part of the application which exposes how it works, the rest is all
done
> through a secure server (ie to get all it's config/data)

I think currently it is not possible to that, please
have a look in the following files

for OJB.properties:
org.apache.ojb.broker.util.configuration.impl
ConfigurationAbstractImpl
OjbConfiguration
OjbConfigurator

for repository.xml:
org.apache.ojb.broker.metadata
MetadataManager
RepositoryPersistor

To read OJB.properties OJB calling the OjbConfigurator
To read the metadata information OJB calling the MetadataManager

So these classes are candidates for the requested methods.

Please let me know about your experience.

regards,
Armin

OJB and webstart 'woes'

Posted by onno <on...@onnos.com>.
Hiya posted this a little while back but didn't find a solution either on
the archives or the net.

we wanna distribute OJB with our Webstart app. But as many other packages
(and because of a problem
with webstart mind you) it cannot find any of the ,DTD,XML or properties
files.

For most we get round this issue by loading these files ourselves and then
simply telling the 'package' where to look
for it instead. However i didn't find any such 'entry' point in OJB.

Is it possible to set all these things without OJB looking for the files
itself - i can think of many reasons why this is useful
besides a problem with webstart... We are for example not happy distributing

Re: Eclipse plugins

Posted by Armin Waibel <ar...@code-au-lait.de>.
see
http://www.impart.ch/download/