Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by vishesh kumar <li...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/03 14:48:50 UTC

[users@httpd] list of apache modules ?

Dear all

I am using RHEL 5.2 and newbie in apache, as a preliminary step i executed
following command to list apache modules

root# httpd -l

It showed me following output,

core.c
prefork.c
http_core.c
mod_so.c

             I eager to know , there are only 4 apache module present in my
httpd server, so i am doing something wrong.

Thanks

Re: [users@httpd] list of apache modules ?

Posted by Peter Schober <pe...@univie.ac.at>.
* vishesh kumar <li...@gmail.com> [2009-12-03 14:49]:
> I am using RHEL 5.2 and newbie in apache, as a preliminary step i executed
> following command to list apache modules
>
> root# httpd -l
>
> It showed me following output,
>
> core.c
> prefork.c
> http_core.c
> mod_so.c
>
>              I eager to know , there are only 4 apache module present in my
> httpd server, so i am doing something wrong.

$ man httpd | fgrep -A2 ' -l '
       -l     Output a list of modules compiled into the server. This will not
              list dynamically loaded modules included  using  the  LoadModule
              directive.

cheers,
-peter

Re: [users@httpd] list of apache modules ?

Posted by Tom Evans <te...@googlemail.com>.
On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 1:48 PM, vishesh kumar <li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all
>
> I am using RHEL 5.2 and newbie in apache, as a preliminary step i executed
> following command to list apache modules
>
> root# httpd -l
>
> It showed me following output,
>
> core.c
> prefork.c
> http_core.c
> mod_so.c
>
>              I eager to know , there are only 4 apache module present in my
> httpd server, so i am doing something wrong.
>

> Thanks

httpd -l lists compiled in modules. mod_so allows loading of non
compiled in modules. All other available modules would be in
$PREFIX/libexec/apache22.

Cheers

Tom

[users@httpd] Re: list of apache modules ?

Posted by vishesh kumar <li...@gmail.com>.
Thanks all of for quick reply.

On 12/3/09, Sascha Kersken <sk...@lingoworld.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I am using RHEL 5.2 and newbie in apache, as a preliminary step i
>> executed following command to list apache modules
>>
>> root# httpd -l
>>
>> It showed me following output,
>>
>> core.c
>> prefork.c
>> http_core.c
>> mod_so.c
>
> You can use
>
> # httpd -t -D DUMP_MODULES
> or its short form
> # httpd -M
>
> for a list of all active (i.e. compiled-in and shared) modules.
>

> Cheers
> Sascha
>
> --
> Softwareentwickler
> Fachbuchautor -- u.a. "IT-Handbuch für Fachinformatiker",
> http://www.galileocomputing.de/2138

Sent from my mobile device

http://linuxinterviews.blogspot.com

Re: [users@httpd] list of apache modules ?