Posted to users@maven.apache.org by lukewpatterson <lu...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/28 14:12:49 UTC

I want Maven to fail

I'm looking for a plugin which has a "fail" goal, something like:

mvn fail-maven-plugin:fail -Dfail.maven.plugin.message="you failed!"

I've seen how enforcer or antrun can fail "on-demand", but I'm looking for
something I can fully configure from the command line

Thanks

Re: I want Maven to fail

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
> I'm looking for a plugin which has a "fail" goal, something like:
>
> mvn fail-maven-plugin:fail -Dfail.maven.plugin.message="you failed!"

Never seen one or needed one myself, but it would be super trivial to
build yourself. If you had a good justification for it, you could
maybe get it added to the Codehaus Mojo project for broader
deployment.

Wayne

Re: I want Maven to fail

Posted by Ben Lidgey <BL...@movenetworks.com>.
You could use the enforcer always fail rule in a profile of its own, and then activate from the command line with something like

mvn -P alwaysFailProfile enforcer:enforce

or even with profile activation using properties, something like:

<profiles>
  <profile>
    <id>alwaysFailProfile </id>

    <activation>
      <property>
        <name>failure</name>
      </property>
    </activation>

<build>
    <plugins>
      <plugin>
        <artifactId>maven-enforcer-plugin</artifactId>
        <version>1.0</version>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>enforce</id>