Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Jason Rizer <ja...@yahoo.com> on 2001/05/07 21:52:44 UTC

Xerces version question

Hello.  I'm trying to get the xerces release stuff
straight in my head, and I'm a little confused.  The
xerces.jar file that we ship with our product contains
class files stamped 3/13/00 and an .info file which
contains the string 3_0_1.  So I'm assuming that this
is version 3.0.1  When I look back at the releases at
apache.org it seems as though the version numbering
begun at 1.1.0 with the release dated 5/19/00.  Is
that right?  The reason I ask is that one of our
clients has asked us to support xerces version 3.1.1
and I can't figure out to which release that refers
to.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Jason

Re: Xerces version question

Posted by Jason Rizer <ja...@yahoo.com>.
--- Andy Clark <an...@apache.org> wrote:
> Jason Rizer wrote:
> > clients has asked us to support xerces version
> 3.1.1
> > and I can't figure out to which release that
> refers
> > to.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!
>
> You're confusing the XML4J versions released on
> IBM's
> alphaWorks web site with Apache Xerces versions.
> XML4J
> has its own numbering scheme. The current version
> (3.x)
> is actually built on a particular Xerces release
> number.
>
> To find out which version of Xerces the XML4J is
> built
> on, do the following (using the "xerces.jar" file
> that
> came with XML4J):
>
>   java -cp xerces.jar
> org.apache.xerces.framework.Version
>
> --
> Andy Clark * IBM, TRL - Japan * andyc@apache.org

> For additional commands, e-mail:
> xerces-j-user-help@xml.apache.org

Andy,

Thanks alot, this goes a long way towards clearing up
my confusion.

-Jason

Re: Xerces version question

Posted by Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>.