Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Karl Hennig <ka...@yahoo.com> on 2007/09/06 03:23:45 UTC

[users@httpd] modules directory is empty

Hello,

I tried this with both Apache 2.0.59 and Apache 2.2.4 but after building and installing, the modules directories do not have any of the "*.so" files that my GForge installation is looking for.  One file, for example is "mod_dav.so".

./configure --prefix /usr/local/apache2
make
make install

When I look in /usr/local/apache2/modules, there is one text file there, named "httpd.exp".  The first few lines are:
#! .
* This file was AUTOGENERATED at build time.
* Please do not edit by hand.
ap_set_receive_buffer_size
ap_mpm_run
ap_graceful_stop_signalled
ap_os_create_privileged_process
ap_mpm_query

When I try to use the following commands in the httpd.conf file, httpd reports that the module files cannot be found:

LoadModule dav_module   modules/mod_dav.so

LoadModule dav_svn_module modules/mod_dav_svn.so

LoadModule authz_svn_module modules/mod_authz_svn.so

Why isn't my installation putting these modules into the modules directory?  I saw in the source tree for httpd that mod_dav.c exists.

I'm using SUSE enterprise desktop.

Thanks for any help.

Re: [users@httpd] modules directory is empty

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 9/5/07, Karl Hennig <ka...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried this with both Apache 2.0.59 and Apache 2.2.4 but after building and installing, the modules directories do not have any of the "*.so" files that my GForge installation is looking for.  One file, for example is "mod_dav.so".
>
> ./configure --prefix /usr/local/apache2

Add --enable-mods-shared=dav

See
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/install.html#configure
and
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/programs/configure.html#optionalfeatures
for more information.

For the other two modules you need to look at the subversion
installation instructions. They don't come with apache.

Joshua.