Posted to slide-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com> on 2004/11/13 16:16:35 UTC

JCR and Slide

Folks,

lately I have had a look at the Jackrabbit project that has emerged
from the Slide proposals section. It is the reference implementation
for JCR aka JSR170. It is my impression that the JCR gets more and
more attention and it might be a good idea to implement it in Slide.

I thought the WebDAV client library might be a good starting point.
Now, David Nuescheler, one of the Jackrabbit developers, thought we
could take Jackrabbit and implement a persistence manager using the
WebDAV client for it and we would be done. We would need the
jackrabbit jar and the jcr jar only. An option would be to implement
against the JCR from scratch, but that would be more work I guess.

Opinions? Would anyone be interested in helping with that?

Oliver

Fwd: JCR and Slide

Posted by Oliver Zeigermann <ol...@gmail.com>.
I guess this was meant to be on the list: